Cold and Icy

Hello friends!  It has been cold and icy here this weekend.  Work closed early Friday and the ice was so bad yesterday we didn't even open.  I took advantage of the extra time and did the finishing on my With Thy Needle Friendship samplers.


Victorian Motto cluny lace trim for this one.



Chenille - again from Victorian Motto.


I completed the stitching on this "Bluebird Serenade" and finished it up too.  I tried a new technique for me with the ric rac - I wove two different shades of pink together.


See how different it looks?  Love it!


And here they are, so happy together!

I also spent some time with my sewing machine and made up these mug mats for Valentine's Day.  This is the January Label Crew project by Sweetwater.



I had several scraps left over and since I am not one to waste such pretty bits...

I used them to make these sweet fabric valentines.  :o)
 A winner has been selected.  Thank you!
Since I really only need one mug mat I would like to give one away to one of my followers.   If you are in need of a heart shaped mug mat, and are a follower of my blog, leave a comment on this post.  I will choose a winner Wednesday and pop it in the mail in time for you to use it on Valentine's Day.

I hope you were able to squeeze in some extra "you" time this weekend.   I thoroughly enjoyed having a few extra hours to do as I pleased.

Have a great week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASAB Mens Manicure Set Professional Nail Kit In Leather Wallet Pouch

I Stitched!