A Super Saturday
Yesterday I met Chris for lunch at Saffron in Greensboro. Saffron specializes in Indian cuisine and it was my first experience with Indian food. Let me just say that it was delicious! I honestly have no idea what most of it was called but I do know that I really like Butter Chicken and Palak Paneer. :o)
After wefinished gorging ourselves ate we exchanged Christmas gifts.
Isn't this ornament gorgeous??!! I couldn't wait to get home and place it on my tree. It is made of glass and the picture just doesn't show the lovely iridescence of the finish.
And just look at these other goodies - a huge bundle of Northern Lights silk floss, a cute birdie notepad, and this wonderful little pottery piece from a local potter. Chris said she envisioned it as a pincushion base and I think that would be gorgeous. Now to find the right pattern to go with the motif and fit inside.
After we
Isn't this ornament gorgeous??!! I couldn't wait to get home and place it on my tree. It is made of glass and the picture just doesn't show the lovely iridescence of the finish.
And just look at these other goodies - a huge bundle of Northern Lights silk floss, a cute birdie notepad, and this wonderful little pottery piece from a local potter. Chris said she envisioned it as a pincushion base and I think that would be gorgeous. Now to find the right pattern to go with the motif and fit inside.
I couldn't resist taking a close up shot of the floss. Aren't flosses pretty when bundled all together?
And since I am speaking of Chris...remember the Shepherd's Bush Harvest Fob kit she gifted me?
I finished it up this morning. :o)
I had said before I am not a huge fan of SB designs but this one has me rethinking that . I just love the purple along with the the autumnal colors and those little vegetables are just the cutest things. I truly enjoyed every little stitch in this one.
I also love that there was a different design for the back. Now, the back is a happy accident as the instructions said to count out so many threads from the design and pull that thread from the linen to give you a nice straight line to trim the linen for your fob. I did that to the front design and then I did it to the back design too. I never stopped to think that the design for the back was smaller than the design for the front. Ugh! What to do now? Well, I took a strand of the perle cotton for the cording and stitched across every 3 threads around the design where I had pulled the thread from the linen. Whew! Stitchy catastrophe averted. :o)
Cute, cute, cute carrots, turnips, and onions!
Chris, thank you so much for making my Saturday a Super one!






Comments
Post a Comment