Wrapping Up 2011

Can anyone tell me what happened to the rest of 2011?  I would really like to find it as it seems that this year flew by so quickly I am bound to be missing a week or two somewhere.  My mother always told me the older you get the faster time seems to go by and although I didn't believe her at the time I really do think she was right. 

The past week brought a couple of new treasures to my mailbox.

Mary sent me this wonderful Yankee Candle tea light holder.  It is gorgeous and I just love it.  Mary said in her note she hoped it wasn't cardinal overkill and I had to laugh.  Can anyone ever have too many cardinals?  I do believe I am now officially a collector of cardinals as I just love them so.   

Then an envelope arrived from dear Marylin in France with this little cutie tucked inside.  Marylin, your stitching and finishing is just gorgeous!  I honestly don't know how you ladies make such tiny perfect stitches on those small linen counts.  Another one to be treasured.

Then for Christmas I was introduced to two new loves in my life.  :o)

 This was one of my gifts to my husband but I have fallen in love with it.  From coffee and tea to apple cider and everything in between I am enjoying a cuppa of everything and love it all!
And then this dark, handsome thing strolled in and my life has not been the same since.
 (How did that monster hand sneak in there? Ack!)

I wasted no time in stitching him up some suitable attire for him to match my handbag.  His sleek nakedness was just too much of a distraction you know and besides, he needed to be protected.

I love that this case opens like a book.  I altered the pattern a bit to insure a proper fit and added a velcro closure instead of the button one on the pattern.  Now Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome can be tucked away all safe and sound.

In anticipation of my New Year start of Halloween Rules and my year long SAL with Mindi and anyone else that wants to join in I made myself another stitching tote.  I simplified this one a bit and didn't add as many pockets.


I also made a spider needleminder especially for this tote.  I really like to have these lengthy projects organized into their own little package so everything is there when I need it.  The purple scissors that Chris gifted me in the Harvest Fob kit are perfect for this project. 

Whew!  That was a lengthy post, wasn't it?  If you are still with me thank you and thank you for being with me this year and leaving pretty comments and wonderful words of encouragement.  I think you are all very pretty.  :o)

I would like to wish each and every one of you a heartfelt wish for a happy, healthy, prosperous, and stitch filled New Year!  (Just as soon as I can find those missing weeks of 2011, I will celebrate along with you.)  :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASAB Mens Manicure Set Professional Nail Kit In Leather Wallet Pouch

Cold and Icy

I Stitched!