Finish Finishing
Welcome to the first day of 2012! Did ya'll eat plenty of collard greens and black eyed peas? I sure did and they were so good. I do love me some good old southern food. :o)
Before I could transition fully into the new year I had a couple of stitched finishes that needed to be completely finished. I worked on them last night and this morning. I will count these as 2011 finishes as all the stitching was complete, they just needed the final touches.
I am using 32 count Belfast that I tea dyed and DMC floss. I have already had to change the color of the dog because the floss as charted was a perfect match for my linen. This is going to be a fun stitch and with Mindi, Ranae, and Cucki to poke and prod me along hopefully it won't suffer the same fate as Shores.
I hope you all have a great first week of 2012. Get on out there and make some new memories!
Before I could transition fully into the new year I had a couple of stitched finishes that needed to be completely finished. I worked on them last night and this morning. I will count these as 2011 finishes as all the stitching was complete, they just needed the final touches.
From Prairie Schooler's Santas and Snowmen leaflet - 32 ct khaki Jobelan, DMC floss.
You might recall me saying last year that I planned to finish all of the ornaments from this leaflet to hang on my tree this year. Ummm, nope! I finished two. I do hope to make at least two more of these this year. (I am trying to be a little more realistic when thinking about my stitching goals for 2012.)
A walk through Hobby Lobby last week revealed this:
Hmmm, not my cup of tea. But....look again.
Voila! My Birds of A Feather Mystery Sampler is framed! Is it a perfect fit? Nope. Is it perfectly straight? Another nope. But...I decided I would rather have wonky and on the wall where I can enjoy it instead of rolled up in a drawer for who knows how much longer. I really like it and that is all that matters to me. :o)
I like how the carved motifs sort of mimic the flowers in the design.
I also managed to make a little progress on Lizzie Kate's Halloween Rules.
I am using 32 count Belfast that I tea dyed and DMC floss. I have already had to change the color of the dog because the floss as charted was a perfect match for my linen. This is going to be a fun stitch and with Mindi, Ranae, and Cucki to poke and prod me along hopefully it won't suffer the same fate as Shores.
I hope you all have a great first week of 2012. Get on out there and make some new memories!





Comments
Post a Comment