Happy Mail!
Hello dear friends! I hope all of you are safe from the storms that swept across our country yesterday and I pray for those who lost so much. We had heavy rain and winds here but that was about it.
This week's mail brought a wonderful surprise from Miss Becky. :o)
I painted, distressed, and waxed a paper mache box - glued on a bit of trim - and found the perfect resting place for another bird. :o)
I mounted some Blueberry Crumb Cake fabric inside the top and bottom of the box too.
This week's mail brought a wonderful surprise from Miss Becky. :o)
Needless to say I was absolutely thrilled when I saw these old bobbins, that wonderful oil can, and the frog! I have so many ideas swirling around in my head with uses/finished for them I can't decide just yet what to do with them. Right now I am enjoying looking at them and imagining all the hands that touched them throughout the years. Thank you Becky for making my week extra special!
I have been spending most of my spare time at the sewing machine. It seems I have found another use for my little birds.
I painted, distressed, and waxed a paper mache box - glued on a bit of trim - and found the perfect resting place for another bird. :o)
I mounted some Blueberry Crumb Cake fabric inside the top and bottom of the box too.
I think this might make a nice giveaway sometime in the near future.
I have been visiting your blogs as time allows but I am mostly using my Kindle Fire to keep up. I am not very good at touch screen typing and apologize for not always leaving a comment. You are all such an inpiration to me with your gorgeous stitching and finishing.
I am currently doing some sewing that I will offer for sale in the near future. Birds and Stitchers Tote A Longs are on the agenda for tomorrow and I hope to have pictures to show soon.
Enjoy your weekend my friends! Thank you for stopping by - I really appreciate each and every one of you.




Comments
Post a Comment