Kindling :o)
Hello dear friends! I certainly didn't mean to be away from my little bit of the web for so long. I have been doing a lot of sewing in anticipation of selling some of my wares. While doing all this sewing I managed to acquire this:
Yes, I am having a nasty bout with tennis elbow. Let me tell you this getting old thing sure isn't for sissies. I have been quite painful for the past week and have been trying to rest my arm as much as I can. I think the combination of grasping fabric for machine quilting and holding linen in hand for stitching got the best of me. I am hoping I will be able to pick up where I left off this weekend and finish up some things I have in the works.
I am happy to report I am still madly in love with my Kindle Fire. :o) My son had been commenting on how much I use and enjoy it and broke down and got one for himself with his tax $. Now we are exchanging books and discussing the best strategy for beating the next level of Angry Birds. :o) I have read 16 books on it since Christmas so I am definitely getting my money's worth. Out of the 16 only 3 of those were purchased. Many have been borrowed from my county library but lots of them were free from Kindle Nation Daily or Pixel of Ink.
I have also managed to snag a few useful apps including an embroidery floss organizer. I was so excited to be able to input all of my flosses and be able to know with a touch of a finger whether I had a certain one in my stash. It took a bit of ingenuity and a friend with a smart phone as Amazon hasn't "approved" a floss app for the Kindle yet but the one I have works great.
Most of my sewing time has been spent making these "Stitcher's Tote A Longs":
I have completed another one in this fabric and have 3 more in the works using BBD Blueberry Crumb Cake fabric. I just love these for kitting, storing, and toting my stitching and I am hoping some of you will too. :o)
I am looking forward to a long weekend as I have taken Friday and Monday off this week. Time to get the garden plots ready for planting and maybe sneak in some sewing and stitching if my elbow allows.
Thank you for visiting! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.




Comments
Post a Comment