Kindness

The kindness of others in this blogging community continues to amaze me.  I am so delighted and honored to be a part of it.

Last week my friend Norma surprised me with this little Easter postcard:
 Norma is such a talented artist I am always thrilled to receive a piece of her work.  I failed to take a picture of the envelope but it was as pretty as the postcard.

Then, this week I plucked this from my mailbox:

Sweet Nataly has sent me a RAK gift of her gorgeous counting pins.  Doesn't the little booklet make the most wonderful presentation for her pins?  I don't own any counting pins and know these will be used often and with a smile.  :o)  

I had big plans for my garden on Saturday but with the rain it was a total washout.  Luckily I managed to get all the weeding done Friday evening before the rain began.  The plan was to haul a couple of loads of topsoil in and prepare them for planting.  I am hoping I can get this accomplished this weekend. 


Check out the rogue rosemary bush on the right side of my herb garden.  I guess I need to start using some fresh rosemary in my cooking.  The upper left plant is oregano, lower left lavender, and the tiny spot of green front and center is a volunteer Italian parsley plant that must have reseeded itself from last year.  I will be planting some basil and cilantro in here soon.


While perusing patterns and trying to decide what to do with my new oil can stash,  I decided this will most likely be stitched soon to adorn the copper one I found.  I just love Brenda's designs and don't you know this little bird just tickled my fancy.

Since I haven't had the time or inclination to do any stitching for Easter, I decided to whip up a quick sewing project to display.

Doesn't Mr. Bunny look cute atop the oil can Miss Becky sent to me?  You can't really tell from the picture but I coffee dyed the fabric to "age" it a bit.  His little tail is made from some of Nancy's Victorian Motto chenille and his collar is also some of Nancy's ric rac trim.  Rather plain and simple but I just think he's adorable.  :o)

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend,
are having a great start to your week,
and will celebrate a blessed Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASAB Mens Manicure Set Professional Nail Kit In Leather Wallet Pouch

Cold and Icy

I Stitched!