A Birthday Post

Greetings Friends!  Yesterday was the first day of fall and know what else???  It was my 49th birthday.  I don't know how the heck all those years "happened" but I guess I'll have to just roll with it!  LOL

My dear friend Chris had planned a special road trip for us to Lone Star Merchantile in Fuqay-Varina.  Chris always manages to make me feel oh so special on my birthday. 

My chauffeur.  ;o)

 The Halloween display at Lone Star - I spent most of my time in this room.   There were so many little detailed things my brain could barely process it all.

I wanted all of these guys to come live with me.

My budget demanded that I maintain some restraint but I came home with these lovelies.  A few pieces of fabric for finishing, some wools, and a fabulous patchwork/wool applique pillow kit.
If you are ever in the area you do not want to miss this shop.  The staff was very helpful and friendly and their kits and supplies were top notch.  I am already thinking about my next visit.  :o)

We then headed to the main part of town to have lunch at Nil's Bakery Cafe.  

My "Terry's Salad".  Chris and I had the same dish and it was oh so good.  Roasted Veggies, Olives, Hummus, and Homemade Bread.  YUM!

While we were there Chris showered me with gifts.  (I am spoiled!)

 A Treasured Friend gift bag from Victorian Motto.  Can you believe all the gorgeous things that were in this package?!  I love all of Nancy's trims and know this will be put to use right away. 

This wonderful Bent Creek kit and the cutest card.  Not pictured is a huge bottle of Olive Oil from Trader Joe's.  Love!

After lunch we headed across the street to Cup Cake Bite for a bit of dessert. 

Chris "made" me get a cake pop.  LOL

It was a wonderful day out and I enjoyed every second.  There is just nothing better than spending time with a friend.  Thank you Chris!

I have lots more to share...later. Thank you so much for your comments and visits.   I will leave you with a picture of poor Lola who can't imagine why her momma didn't spend the whole day with her and her kitty.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASAB Mens Manicure Set Professional Nail Kit In Leather Wallet Pouch

Cold and Icy

I Stitched!