Happy February!

Like many of you I am wondering what happened to January.  Time just flies, doesn't it?  I feel I am off to a good start.  :o)

Yesterday I put on my heavy coat and ear muffs then headed outside with my Briwax to "age" these:
 
I made a trip to Hobby Lobby and found the perfect scrapbooking paper for the inside.


 Look Carol F. - chickens!



I finished the stitching but didn't have any walnut crystals for ageing so I did the next best thing and gave it a spray of some coffee.  The results were very subtle but I liked the result.  I can't tell you how nervous I was about staining the piece after stitching.
 

 
I mounted the stitching,  rounded up some Victorian Motto lace trim and voila!




 
As you can see I didn't use the candy box for this one.  I had this paper mache heart boxed stashed away and although it isn't a perfect fit for the stitching, I like that it is a bit larger and deeper.  More room to hold all my love letters, right?!
 
And I still have these waiting in the wings for their chance on stage.  :o)

 
After finishing this up I noticed a glaring omission with my stitching.  :o(  See if you can spot my error.  I am such a dork sometimes!
 
Time to go start preparing my Super Bowl food - ribs, fries, and coleslaw.  Yum! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASAB Mens Manicure Set Professional Nail Kit In Leather Wallet Pouch

Cold and Icy

I Stitched!