Sunny Sunday
Hello dear friends! Thank you for your wonderful comments on my last post. I am woefully behind on email responses so please forgive me if I didn't reply. I do appreciate each and every visit.
Our North Carolina weather has been crazy with a capital C. It was 60 degrees here and beautiful Friday. Almost like an early spring day. This is the view outside my door yesterday morning:
It snowed all day long. The temperature rose a bit so all of it melted but it sure made for a great day to stay inside and stitch. Today dawns bright and sunny but very windy and cold.
I managed to finish up this little beauty:
I used 40 count LL Vintage Tundra as it is the only other 40 ct fabric I own. (Thank you again Catherine!) It has lovely blue undertones and since I was a bit weary of the red I substituted GAST Blue Jay floss. I think it makes for a more spring like finish.
Now I hope you all know with your encouragement you may have created a monster. I don't know what the problem was before but now I absolutely love stitching on 40 count fabric. Of course I discover this just when I have built up a little stash of 28 and 32 count fabrics. :o)
I hope you all have a relaxing and enjoyable Sunday. I can't believe the season finale of Downton Abbey is tonight. Whatever will we find to amuse ourselves until it returns?
Our North Carolina weather has been crazy with a capital C. It was 60 degrees here and beautiful Friday. Almost like an early spring day. This is the view outside my door yesterday morning:
It snowed all day long. The temperature rose a bit so all of it melted but it sure made for a great day to stay inside and stitch. Today dawns bright and sunny but very windy and cold.
I managed to finish up this little beauty:
![]() |
| With Thy Needle Valentine Sampler - Pin Pillow |
Now I hope you all know with your encouragement you may have created a monster. I don't know what the problem was before but now I absolutely love stitching on 40 count fabric. Of course I discover this just when I have built up a little stash of 28 and 32 count fabrics. :o)
I hope you all have a relaxing and enjoyable Sunday. I can't believe the season finale of Downton Abbey is tonight. Whatever will we find to amuse ourselves until it returns?


Comments
Post a Comment