Summer Heat

Hello friends!  Thank you all for your wonderful comments on my little fall pillow finishes.  Who knew a little quilt block could make such a difference?  I will definitely be using those in some of my future finishes.  After reviewing your comments, I decided not to add any trim.  Like you, I like them just the way they are.

Peach season opened at our local orchard yesterday.
 
DH and I braved the 90 degree heat and 100% humidity to pick our share of the bounty.  We emerged soaking wet with sweat and 1/2 bushel of these lovelies.  I plan to freeze some of them today but just had to enjoy a peach cobbler last night.  :o)
 
On the stitching front:


 
I finally found some of the new blue Ball jars and couldn't wait to do something with at least one of them. I wanted the quart size but have only been able to locate the pints thus far.  I used the free candle wrap design that Sandra shared on her Plain & Fancy Merchant Blog and chose a golden yellow DMC floss.  I didn't have any fresh flowers to use so I had to settle for these fake ones.  A simple raffia bow and voila!  A cute summer centerpiece. 
 
I hope you are all enjoying a relaxing Sunday.  I will leave you with a little message from Ziggy for your upcoming week.  :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASAB Mens Manicure Set Professional Nail Kit In Leather Wallet Pouch

Cold and Icy

I Stitched!