Gifts
Hello friends,
I write this post with warm feelings and so blessed to "know" each and every one of you. As I watched the Pumpkins for Cathey posts go up through the day yesterday from all around the world I laughed, I cried, I prayed, and was just overcome with emotion. As I know there is a higher power that guides us through this life, I also know there is great power in friendship and kindness. I was so happy and proud to be able to witness this wonderful blogging event.
I want to share with you the kindness and generosity I experienced for my 50th birthday.
Christina sent me this wonderful wool ornament. It came in the prettiest sparkly box that refused to let me take a decent photo. She said when she saw it she thought of me. :o)
I don't thnk I have ever seen a cuter turkey in my life. :o) Carol knows I don't have many Thanksgiving pieces so this will definitely be on display front and center this year. She also sent along some wonderful goodies including a gorgeous Christmas sampler, bookmark, and some of the rusty jingles that I love.
Norma and I originally "met" on the web while participating in mixed media exchanges. She is a fabulous mixed media artist and send me this wonderful canvas.
A big thank you also to those of you who sent birthday wishes via email and I also received some lovely cards in the mail. I have now decided that 50 ain't so bad after all. :o)
Today I plan to attend the grand opening of a brand new quilt shop right here in my little town. I am excited to see what they have to offer and so pleased to know I will have an option besides Hobby Lobby and Wal Mart for my local fabric purchases.
I will leave you with a wish for a wonderful weekend and a couple of pictures of my Halloween tree.
Some of you may recognize your ornament being proudly displayed in my home.
Myra
I write this post with warm feelings and so blessed to "know" each and every one of you. As I watched the Pumpkins for Cathey posts go up through the day yesterday from all around the world I laughed, I cried, I prayed, and was just overcome with emotion. As I know there is a higher power that guides us through this life, I also know there is great power in friendship and kindness. I was so happy and proud to be able to witness this wonderful blogging event.
I want to share with you the kindness and generosity I experienced for my 50th birthday.
Christina sent me this wonderful wool ornament. It came in the prettiest sparkly box that refused to let me take a decent photo. She said when she saw it she thought of me. :o)
Thank you Christina. It will make such a lovely addition to my tree this year.
(I hope you received my email. :o)
A package arrived from Carol with this sweet Thanksgiving pillow.
I don't thnk I have ever seen a cuter turkey in my life. :o) Carol knows I don't have many Thanksgiving pieces so this will definitely be on display front and center this year. She also sent along some wonderful goodies including a gorgeous Christmas sampler, bookmark, and some of the rusty jingles that I love.
Carol, you have been a great friend from the very beginning and I thank you so much!
Norma and I share a love of anything bird related. I just love the sentiment on this piece and it will serve as a reminder to me every day. Thank you so much!
Then a package arrived from Shirlee. I was so surprised because she had just been in the hospital for surgery and I couldn't believe she took time from her recovery to think of me. She sent me a large cut of this fabric:
Was this fabric made for me or what? I am always on the lookout for fabric with cardinals and usually only find large prints. This one has a small repeat and I am excited to find something to make with it. Thank you so much my friend.
A big thank you also to those of you who sent birthday wishes via email and I also received some lovely cards in the mail. I have now decided that 50 ain't so bad after all. :o)
Today I plan to attend the grand opening of a brand new quilt shop right here in my little town. I am excited to see what they have to offer and so pleased to know I will have an option besides Hobby Lobby and Wal Mart for my local fabric purchases.
I will leave you with a wish for a wonderful weekend and a couple of pictures of my Halloween tree.
Some of you may recognize your ornament being proudly displayed in my home.
Night view. I added the orange lights this year.
Hugs to all of you!Myra







Comments
Post a Comment