Busy, busy, busy

Hello friends!  It is such a busy time of year, isn't it?  I am enjoying all the hustle and bustle but I find myself looking forward to the quiet downtime that comes with January.

This past weekend was a fun one.  The Piedmont Heritage Sampler Guild had our Christmas meeting on Saturday which consisted of a wonderful breakfast followed by a freebie chart exchange.  Thank you Elizabeth for being our hostess with the mostest and welcoming us into your lovely home.  Chris took wonderful photos so please head over to our blog and have a look.

On Sunday, I met Chris for breakfast and to give her a few little Christmas gifts.  Here is what I made her:
 
A dear friend had gifted me with 2 of these old mill spools and I had been saving them just waiting for the perfect use for them.  You may remember my post trying to obtain the perfect round sewn snowman head.  Well, this is where that head rests now.  :o)

 
I added a few little details such as these rusty jinglers, holly leaves, and candy cane twine.

 
And you just can't have a snowman without a cardinal friend.  :o)

 
He is grunged up a bit with coffee and tea and sports a fabulous carrot nose!
I am happy to say Chris likes him and I had so much fun creating him for her.
I plan to make another one for myself but that will have to wait until after Christmas.
 
Chris spoiled me with these:
 
 
A wonderful ornament made by a local potter and this cute Chessie and Me kit.  She also gave me the next installment in the Seasons of Chessie - winter, a yummy smelling bar of soap, and some delicious chocolate but I totally forgot to get a picture of it.
Thank you so much Chris I just love everything!
 
I'll be back soon to share some pictures of another gift or two that I received from some special friends.  I feel so blessed!
 
Have a great rest of the week and don't forget to slow down and enjoy the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASAB Mens Manicure Set Professional Nail Kit In Leather Wallet Pouch

Cold and Icy

I Stitched!