Just Sunny & Peachy

Hello dear friends!  There has been virtually NO stitching happening here so the forecast for this blog post is Sunny and Peachy.  :o)

This week saw the appearance of my very first sunflower:
Isn't she sweet?!  And here is the next one sure to show in all her glory later this week:

 These pictures are a bit deceiving as the actual stalks for the sunflowers are now over 6-1/2 foot tall.  I have to pull them down in order to take a decent picture.  The bees and bugs are loving them right now but what I am really looking forward to is the seeds to form and the birds to start feasting.  Stay tuned.

Last Sunday we took a trip to Millstone Creek Orchards.  It is officially peach season and we just love it.  They really didn't have a crop of peaches last year due to a late frost but the trees are just loaded this year.
What?  You can't see them?  Come a little closer.

Oh come on, get closer.  :o)

Ahhhhh!  Talk about delicious.  I made a cobbler Friday night and we ate the whole thing.  I am hoping to go back next weekend and pick enough to freeze and/or can.  There are no peaches in the grocery or at the farmer's market that can match the taste of fresh picked right off the tree.

Here's hoping your week ahead is sunny and peachy too!

P.S. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Flag City finish and my little sewing cases.  I appreciate each and every one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASAB Mens Manicure Set Professional Nail Kit In Leather Wallet Pouch

Cold and Icy

I Stitched!