Switching Seasons
Hello friends and folk! I am entering the last hours of my week long "staycation". DH and I had plans to go to the beach earlier in the week, however, he tore a muscle in his calf. He has been hobbling around for the past two weeks and decided that walking in the sand on the beach would not be conducive to the healing process. So.....I have been stitching and sewing and pretty much doing a whole lot of nothing. :o) I have loved every minute of it.
After stitching along on some larger patriotic pieces, I needed a change of pace. So I decided to do a little more of Christmas in July. :o)
I thought mimicking the sawtooth star block that is in the design would add a whimsical touch. For those of you who are quilters those sawtooth star blocks are 2 inches square! Teeny tiny little flying geese went into making these.
Time to make my lunch for tomorrow and waddle off to bed. The first day back after vacation is always rough so I am going to call it an early one tonight. Thank you for your visits and your wonderful comments. Have a great week!
After stitching along on some larger patriotic pieces, I needed a change of pace. So I decided to do a little more of Christmas in July. :o)

I first saw this piece on Carol's blog and just love how it looked with a black background. I finished it as a little pillow ornament with a unique shape to suit the design. This is a freebie by
Madame La Fee and you can still find it on her site.
As the title of my post says, I then decided to switch seasons. I had stitched four of the charts from the Blackbird Designs book "Casting A Spell". I originally intended to stitch them all and make the box as pictured in the book. Wellllllll, since I am at liberty to change my mind I choose not to make the box and instead finish these as little pillows. I want to make up lots of little autumn pillows to fill this gathering basket I found at Hobby Lobby.




This last one is my favorite. I am still trying to decide if I am finished with these or if I want to add some chenille trim. I think I will let them sit like this for a while.
Time to make my lunch for tomorrow and waddle off to bed. The first day back after vacation is always rough so I am going to call it an early one tonight. Thank you for your visits and your wonderful comments. Have a great week!
Comments
Post a Comment