What a Mess!

Hello friends!  This morning I headed to work at 7 am.  We had lots of rain and wind last night but no ice on the trees at my house.  I was about 10 minutes into my commute when I noticed the trees were covered with ice.  Then about 5 minutes later I came upon a tree down across the road.  Luckily it only blocked one lane so I was able to drive around it.  About 2 miles further and I came upon a tree completely across the road.
 This isn't the actual tree but it looked just like this.  So I had to back up, turn around and try another way.  I went down another road only to encounter a live power line across the street.  At this point I turned around again and headed back home.  Only one person was able to make it to work and we lost power there about an hour after she arrived so we ended up closing for the day.

Have you seen these charity designs by Little House Needleworks and Shakespeare's Peddler?


If you haven't then you need to run not walk and check them out.
http://shakespearespeddler.blogspot.com/2014/03/charts-for-charity-by-little-house.html

I ordered the doggie one and it arrived today.  As soon as I get off this computer I am going to kit it up and get started.  I love them both and the money is going toward such a good cause.  Lola, Jacxon, Glitter, and Ziggy were all rescues and I am a big supporter of animal rescue.  

I hope you are all safe and warm and have a wonderful weekend!  I hope to do lots of stitching and maybe a little bit of sewing.  :o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ASAB Mens Manicure Set Professional Nail Kit In Leather Wallet Pouch

Cold and Icy

I Stitched!